Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Jordan : Sufra Restaurant

Trying local food is one of a MUST thing TO DO when visiting other country. Because, experiencing the food cooked by local chefs using local ingredients is something we will hardly find in our own country. Since foreign restaurants mostly adjusting the taste so that it wont be too surprising for our tongues and sometimes being too far with its original tastes.

Knowing which restaurants that are recommended to visit is an advantage because we wont be wasting our time asking or deciding where to eat or what to eat. So, research from web or other sources like people who went there already or lived there are good too. It is really good being prepared. Because surprises aren't always good :D

From my last trip to Jordan, Sufra Restaurant was the first restaurant our group visited. However, this was also a restaurant that stays really well in my mind. 

Since we had arrived really late at night, so we went directly to the Hotel and had breakfast in the Hotel as well. And then we had our first lunch here. This restaurant is located in Amman. Exactly in Rainbow Street, an area which mostly crowded at night since there are so many restaurants around. 


The entrant is really beautiful, because it doesn't look like a restaurant. It looks more like a beautiful classic house with pink flowers around. 


While entering the restaurant, there will be a glass room which is again .. so pretty.


The next room is cashier or transaction room in which it has seating areas that has another type of design with its unpainted wall that are covered with wall decorations that made it looks like living room.


Each tables are already set. The used of random colors of plates in the table creates 'homey' feeling. The foods are various. From appetizers, main course, and desserts. I can remember I try almost everything and it tasted great, especially the freshly-made bread. 




Going further inside the restaurant, we will find that the ambiance inside is different in each corner.



In the next room, we will find semi-outdoor area that gives different view of the city. Also, we could see the bread baking LIVE :D




For those who loves eating healthy food, would pretty much loves Jordanian's food, since salads and many kind of vegetables mixed would always be there (I don't know its Arab's name because there are too many types). I should admit that I felt really healthy when I was in Jordan. 

Oh, the portion are quite big for me but luckily we were sharing the foods (translation: makan tengah) thus I was saved. 

Though it is somewhat different from Saudi Arabian's food, I found it tasty. For my Indonesian tongue, I could accepted it very well because I ate a lot. So it was great. Also, from the pictures I uploaded, I'm sure you will agree that this restaurant is instagrammable. I DID NOT edit nor give filter to any of the pictures, so it is obvious rite. 

To conclude, foods are great, comfortable, and very instagrammable. That's why I would  recommend you to visit this restaurant :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment